The Ins and Outs of Gate Repair and Maintenance
Gates come in many shapes, styles, and sizes. We provide a moveable barrier that allows access to your property – by vehicle or by foot – and can be closed to seal off your home from the outside world. So it comes as no surprise that when your gate breaks or becomes unusable, it is crucial that you find a reputable gate repair provider as soon as possible. Here, we look at what you can do to ensure that your gate remains in working order, the most common problems that can cause it to stop working, and who to turn to when in need of the best professional gate repair expertise around.
Think of gates repair as a machine instead of a simple barrier. We are built specifically to the specifications of the thoroughfare We cover, relying on a series of nuts, locking mechanisms, rails, wheels, and large pieces of material that all work together to do their job.
This means that gates are actually complex pieces of equipment requiring regular maintenance and upkeep to prevent them from developing problems. So let’s take a look at some helpful tips and hints that will allow you to keep your gate in working order.
How much effort you need to put into taking care of your gate depends on the type of gate, its complexity, and who installed it in the first place. While manual gates may seem simple enough, there is much more to them than meets the eye. Also, a poorly installed gate will, without a doubt, stop working in a short space of time, requiring an urgent gate repair.
- Clean your gate regularly – Don’t forget to clear the rails and wheels of any debris like leaves, dirt and gravel.
- Oil and grease the moving parts – Keep the wheels, locks, and rails well-greased and make sure electric motors have enough lubricant.
- Replace small components – If a nut or bolt comes loose, if possible, try and replace smaller, easy-to-fix parts when needed.
Common Gate Problems
However, even with the most stringent maintenance routine, gates are still prone to eventually breaking down and developing issues, requiring a gate repair specialist to fix any problems that arise. While each gate is unique and vulnerable to any number of failures, we explore some of the more common problems seen in many gates.
- Wheels – Are susceptible to developing flat spots or becoming jammed by foreign objects. Even one broken wheel can put an entire gate out of action.
- Rails – Must remain straight and smooth. A bent rail will cause the wheels to slip off their track, risking serious injury and further damage to the gate.
- The Gate Itself – Must be intact and solid. A loose bar or gaping hole in your gate invites criminals into your property.
Choosing the Right Gate Repair Option
So, our team of experts works with you to find the best deal possible. BR Garage Doors and Gates have an outstanding reputation as one of Los Angeles leading gate repair specialists. So, before you decide to replace a faulty gate altogether, turn to BR Garage Doors and Gates for expert advice and repairs that are backed by a faultless guarantee.
Give us a call today at (888) 918-8889 or send a message through our site.