LiftMaster Garage Door Remote Program
Your LiftMaster Garage Door Remote Program Guide
Your new garage door was just installed, and you’re thrilled to start using it. Before you can do that, though, you need to program your remote if you’ve opted for a universal remote.
If you’re not tech-savvy, don’t worry: it’s easier than you might think. Follow these instructions for popular LiftMaster remotes to complete your LiftMaster garage door remote program setup.
For this model, start with the garage door closed. Then follow these instructions:
- Slide down the battery cover. Press and hold the program button for about two seconds, until the light at the top of the remote lights up.
- Press and release the “Smart/Learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Press and release the opener button on your remote. At this point, the light on the remote should stop flashing. Press and release the button over and over, making sure the light stops flashing between each press. Keep doing this until your garage door opener indicates that it’s connected by sounding a click or a beep, lighting up a light on the opener, or opening and closing the door. The remote is coded to connect with each model of garage door opener after a certain number of button presses, so when you reach that number, your remote will automatically connect. The maximum number of presses is 18.
- Press the program button again and close the remote.
LiftMaster 890Max, 893Max, and 895Max
- Press the program button and hold it until the light on the remote turns on.
- Choose the button you want to program for your garage door and press it up to four times depending on the garage door opener you have: one press for Security+ 2.0, two presses for 315 MHz Security+, three presses for 390MHz Security+, and four presses for 390 MHz Billion Code.
- Press any other button on the remote to exit programming mode.
- Press the “Learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Press and release the button you just programmed, and continue doing this until you hear a click or other indicator from your garage door opener that it’s connected. At this point, the programming is complete.
LiftMaster 811LM and 813 LM
- Press the “Learn” button for the correct channel on your receiver. The LED light for that channel should light up for 30 seconds.
- Within that 30 seconds, press and hold the button on your remote that you want to program. Continue holding it until the light on the receiver for your chosen channel blinks and then turns off. At this point, your programming is finished.
Completing Your LiftMaster Garage Door Remote Program
Getting your LiftMaster garage door remote program set up is the final step toward putting your new garage door or garage door opener to use. Of course, you want to make sure the new equipment is installed properly first. For help installing or repairing your garage door or garage door opener, call BR Garage Doors and Gates to reach our experts.