Any Type of Garage Door Repair You Can Think of
If you’ve ever had to go through the nightmare of living with a broken or damaged garage door, you’ll know just how much stress and anxiety this can cause. Garage doors are as – if not more – important than any other door in the home. When your garage door goes down, life comes to a halt. Suddenly, you’re unable to get your car out, a large, heavy component is not functioning, and you have no idea how to fix it. Garage door repair suddenly becomes urgently necessary.
How Important the Garage Door is
We all love our cars. We wash them, keep them healthy and even build them their own homes – garages. Imagine if your front door came off of its hinges? Would you simply leave it hanging there, opening your home to the world outside? Of course not. The same goes for your garage door. When it breaks or stops working, it is critical that you get it repaired immediately, or you run the risk of someone stealing your wheels while you sleep.
At BR Garage Doors and Gates, we know just how much your car means to you. Here, we discuss garage door repair and what you can expect if your car’s front door stops working.
Types of Garage Doors
There are two principal types of garage doors: Manual doors and automatic ones. Manual doors require a little elbow grease in opening and closing them, while automatic doors open and close at the touch of a button.
Garage doors come in a range of materials. From wood and steel to fiberglass, glass, aluminum and even plastic, each material is prone to various challenges:
- Wooden Garage Doors – can be very heavy, placing strain on motors and fixtures.
- Steel Garage Doors – the popular garage door convenient and easy to install holds for many years.
- Fiberglass Garage Doors – Can crack or fracture in extreme temperatures or under pressure.
Each material requires different resources and technical skills when requiring a garage door repair. So, choose carefully before making your choice.
Garage door repair Procedures
If you notice that your door in is not working 100%, your best bet is to call in the professionals as soon as possible to conduct your garage door repair. Even if you notice a small change in the door’s operation, don’t ignore it – it may be a symptom of something far more severe.
At BR Garage Doors and Gates, our technicians are expertly trained to follow strict procedures to first identify a problem before working on your garage door repair.
- Upon arrival, the technician will ask you to describe in detail what issues you’re facing.
- They will then perform a detailed visual inspection and identify the problem.
- Once they have confirmed which component is at fault, depending on the complexity of the issue, they will begin repairing the issue, using only approved, genuine parts.
- Your technician will then test the now-repaired door before completing the job.
If your garage door stops working, don’t hesitate to give us a call. At BR Garage Doors and Gates, we pride ourselves in getting to the root of the issue at hand, boasting successful garage door repairs.