A Garage Door Springs Repair
Among all the parts of a garage door system, the spring is perhaps the most important one. It is their job to keep the door balanced and easy to lift and lower when door opened or closed at all times and allow it to perform its function correctly. Different types of springs are available, each having its purpose and characteristics that make them unique for various applications. Unfortunately, springs do not hold forever, and they have a life expectancy of several years. Also, of course, it depends on the number of times door used, in the weather in the area.
Can I Repair my Garage Door Springs Myself?
The springs of a garage door system are under a lot of tension, and it is not recommended to be replaced by inexperienced people. Therefore, this job is best left to the professionals to avoid accidents and injuries. Replacing them yourself will also void your warranty with the company.
If you do not have the necessary experience, you can do more damage to your garage door. There are lots of parts that disassemble and reconnect when replacing the garage door springs. This work must be left to the professionals who have completed all necessary training for performing repairs.
how long do garage door springs last
Garage door springs can last for several years depending on the weather uses and certain factors that may affect their longevity. The spring must match the weight and size of the door. Improper installation or improper spring can cause a lot of pressure on the springs and cause them to break very early than usual. Keep in mind that torsion springs last an average of 10,000 cycles before they need to be replaced. The lifespan of springs also depends on the amount of daily use of the garage door, which will cause more wear on the springs.
How to choose a garage door company?
- Visit the company’s website to see how professional it looks and what the future customer can expect by using their services. Don’t always go for cheap services as it may eventually turn into a loss.
- Google the company and find out if there have been any complaints from past customers from seeing the comments section on several well-recognized websites.
- How long is the warranty of the springs. What is included in the warranty? How long does it take a customer to re-order a repair technician?
- Check if the company has employees or subcontractors do the work. Employees are better to deal with than subcontractors as they will be more accountable for their actions.
- Confirm if they have insurance coverage for any incident that may happen while working on your home.
Need a garage door spring repair?
We have been in business for over 15 years and pride ourselves on our quality workmanship. Our technicians are trained professionals who will replace or repair your garage door springs quickly and efficiently. For more information on us and our services, click here or Call us today (888) 918-8889 to schedule your free estimate!